Welcome to our news room
We are happy to see that you’ve found your way to our global news room.
If you are searching for business travel related information, quotes or pictures don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We are looking forward to your inquiries.
- Delta and BCD sign first global travel management sustainable fuel agreementDelta Air Lines and BCD Travel USA LLC have signed the first-ever sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) agreement for a travel management company. The premier agreement helps address emissions from BCD employee travel and, as one of the largest travel management agencies in the world, bolsters the future of sustainability in the travel industry.
- BCD Travel becomes first global travel management company to join Science Based Targets InitiativeUTRECHT, The Netherlands, April 22, 2021 – As part of a long-standing commitment to sustainability, BCD Travel signed on to the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi), a U.N. initiative to increase corporate participation on climate action in line with the Paris Agreement. As the first global travel management company to have joined the SBTi, BCD supports science-based targets aimed at reducing greenhouse gases. An emissions-reduction target is ‘science based’ if it’s designed to keep global warming below 2 degrees Celsius (35.6° F) from pre-industrial levels.
- BCD Travel launches global Life Sciences Center of ExcellenceUTRECHT, The Netherlands, Feb. 3, 2021 – BCD Travel today announced the establishment of a Life Sciences Center of Excellence. With longstanding expertise in the sector, bolstered by the success of BCD Meetings & Events’ existing Life Sciences Center of Excellence, BCD harnesses best practices across travel, meetings and consultancy to solve this industry’s unique and complex requirements. The launch further strengthens BCD’s ability to provide cohesive, integrated, and compelling offerings specific to the life sciences sector.
- Comdetur, leading Paraguayan travel company, joins BCD Travel’s Global NetworkUTRECHT, The Netherlands, December 17, 2020 – BCD Travel announced today that Comdetur has joined its Global Network. Headquartered in Paraguay’s capital, Asunción, Comdetur is one of the country’s leading travel companies. In business since 1986, Comdetur boasts key strengths in corporate travel, meetings, incentives, congresses and events, and educational/sports travel.
- BCD Travel voted ‘Most Admired TMC’ by The Beat readers for the 8th timeThe BTN Group yesterday recognized BCD Travel as the 2020 Most Admired Travel Management Company for the fourth consecutive year. The designation was bestowed by readers of The Beat, a widely read business travel newsletter and website. It’s the eighth time since 2009 that BCD has been named Most Admired TMC by The Beat’s readers.
- Siemens expands its partnership with business travel provider BCD TravelUTRECHT, The Netherlands, October 14, 2020 – BCD Travel and Siemens are significantly expanding their partnership: The global travel management company will now support Siemens’ business travelers in an additional 38 countries totaling 64 markets in the Americas and EMEA regions.
- BCD Travel appoints leaders for new European region, Global NetworkUTRECHT, The Netherlands, September 22, 2020 – BCD Travel today announced two structural changes that reinforce the travel management company’s longstanding philosophy of providing expertise, partnership and innovation to customers at the global, regional and local levels, helping them navigate complexity and nuances across markets.
- BCD Travel drives hotel program adoption, savings opportunities through new SAP® Concur® connectionUTRECHT, The Netherlands – August 6, 2020 – BCD Travel today announced an agreement with the SAP® Concur® organization to expand integration between BCD’s proprietary hotel platform and the Custom Hotel Sourcing functionality, providing customers access to even more advanced content, booking and payment options.
- BCD Travel leads with new solutions to inform COVID-19-era travelThe “Informed Traveler” initiative provides dynamic trip-related information to agents, travelers and travel managers across channels. With travel risks and requirements seemingly changing by the minute, real-time information is a must-have for confident decision-making. That’s why, as part of its ongoing commitment to duty of care and traveler confidence, BCD Travel has introduced the Informed Traveler, a wide-ranging global initiative aimed at helping travelers, travel managers and agents make smart decisions amid a landscape of constantly changing rules, laws and procedures.
- BCD Travel launches Back to Travel guideStrategic advice, checklists and solutions for travel managers to prepare for the return of travel. The industry is entering a new stage of the COVID-19 pandemic. Countries and states are opening up, corporate travel programs are in the spotlight and the pressure on travel managers is increasing. The new Back to Travel digital guide, published by leading travel management company BCD Travel, is a strategic resource for travel managers to rethink their program’s return to active travel.